Frequently asked questions.
Advertising material for printout.
What is AMIZATE®?
A natural product derived from pure marine sources
AMIZATE® consists of a complete & balanced source of amino acid nutrition
- All 9 essential amino acids (needed to build body protein)
- All 11 non-essential amino acids (needed to build body protein)
- Short peptides (used by the body as neurotransmitters & hormones, and to build protein)
- Essential minerals & elements necessary for bodily functions
What are Amino Acids?
Amino acids are the building blocks of the human body
- Proteins are long chains of amino acids
- The amino acid sequence specifies the specific protein and its purpose
Amino acids are essential to normalize the nitrogen imbalance
- Negative nitrogen balance is a sign of loss of muscle mass (muscle wasting)
- This is a serious problem for elderly and hospitalized patients (after surgery or invasive medical treatment)
What are essential and non-essential Amino Acids?
Essential or indispensable amino acids cannot be produced by the human body and must be supplied by way of nutrition.
Non-essential or dispensable amino acids can be produced by the human body in certain circumstances.
What is the composition of AMIZATE®?
- Essential amino acids: Phenylalanine, valine, tryptophan, threonine, methionine, lysine, leucine, isoleucine, histidine
- Non-essential amino acids: Arginine, cysteine, alanine, asparagine, glutamine, glycine, proline, serine, tyrosine
- Short peptides (chains of 2-7 amino acids)
- Trace minerals & elements like calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, selenium, sodium, zinc and many others.
How is the manufacturing of AMIZATE® a natural process?
- Patented & natural process technology – very similar to natural human digestion
- From a natural & pure source
- Digested by natural enzymes (like enzymes used in the human body)
- Purified in ultra filtration (no additives or processing chemicals are used)
- Dried to a clean & natural powder consisting of amino acids, short peptides and trace minerals
Why is AMIZATE® better than protein?
Amino acids, short peptides and trace minerals
- Do not require digestion (which takes time and uses energy)
- Are directly absorbed into the bloodstream (proteins cannot be absorbed into the bloodstream)
- Are immediately transported and utilized in cells to form proteins, enzymes and hormones
Give fast and direct action in the body after intake
What are the most common physiological uses of amino acid supplements?
- Sustaining strength in weight training to build muscles
- Improving heart and circulatory problems or diseases, particularly in the aging
- In treatment of chronic fatigue syndrome
- Treating depression and anxiety
- Treating eating disorders, such as bulimia and/or anorexia, along with overeating
- Increasing memory
- Building up and sustaining the body’s immune system in fighting bacteria and viruses.
What are the expected benefits from daily AMIZATE® intake?
- Growth in lean muscle mass
- Increase in stamina, endurance, strength
- Decrease in body fat
- Improved metabolic and hormonal markers
- Enhanced cardiology and blood profile
- Improved immune function
- Enhanced nerve and heart membrane stability
- AMIZATE® can be especially useful as a restorative force. During periods of stress, illness or intense physical activity, the body requires more essential amino acids, but also does not produce enough non-essential amino acids to meet demand.
What effects can AMIZATE® have when used in sports nutrition?
AMIZATE® can have important effects for athletes:
- Increasing lean body mass & decreasing body fat
- Increasing strength and endurance
- Reducing systolic blood pressure
- Reducing fasting blood glucose levels
- Improving insulin signaling (Relevance for diabetes and cardiovascular diseases)
What functions in the body do individual amino acids support?
- Alanine: cholesterol reducing effect, enhances immune system
- Asparagine: required by the nervous system
- Aspartic acid: needed for stamina, brain and neural health
- Branched chain amino acids (valine, leucine, isoleucine): helps to maintain muscle tissue, reduce muscle loss
- Cysteine: important in collagen (skin protein) production & detoxification of the body
- Cystine: needed in healing of burns and wounds; anti-aging effect
- Glutamic acid: important neurotransmitter; important in metabolism of sugars and fats; used as fuel to the brain
- Glutamine: important for immune function; in removing ammonia from the brain; used in treatment of wasting muscles after surgery
- Glycine: helps in absorption of calcium in the body; key role in manufacturing of hormones and in health of the immune system; helps to prevent epileptic seizures
- Histidine: used to produce the neurotransmitter histamine; needed for growth & repair of tissue; helps in protection of nerve cells; required for the manufacture of both red and white blood cells
- Isoleucine: promotes muscle recovery; needed for the formation of hemoglobin
- Leucine: promotes muscle recovery; helps regulation of blood sugar levels; growth & repair of muscle tissue; hormone production; wound healing
- Lysine: helps production of muscle protein; needed in recovery from injury and after operations
- Methionine: used to treat depression, arthritis pain and chronic liver disease
- Phenylalanine: used to elevate mood; helps memory and learning; appetite suppressant
- Proline: improves skin texture; skin protein (collagen) contains 15% proline; important for muscles, joints and tendons
- Serine: required in fat metabolism, tissue growth and for the immune system (production of immuglobulins and antibodies); important in the formation of cell membranes
- Threonine: found in high concentration in the heart, skeletal muscles and central nervous system; used in treatment of mental health; helps maintaining proper protein balance in the body
- Tryptophan: needed to maintain optimum health; a natural relaxant, alleviates insomnia; helps in the treatment of migraine headaches
- Tyrosine: precursor of important neurotransmitters (epinephrine, norepinephrine, dopamine); used for stress reduction; suppresses appetite and reduces body fat
- Valine: found in high concentration in the muscles; required in muscle metabolism; needed for repair and growth of tissue; used as energy source for muscles
How much AMIZATE® should I take?
Unless a doctor recommends otherwise, the suggested dose is two 750 mg tablets two times daily (3 g AMIZATE® per day) for general wellness. For sport and recovery, the dose will be individually higher.
Can I take too much AMIZATE®?
Not really. A three-gram dose of AMIZATE® was produced from approximately 45 grams fish. A 16-count blister of 750 mg AMIZATE® tablets contains approximately 9 grams of protein that roughly represents a 180 grams fresh fish filet. However, we do not recommend you to use in excess of 6 grams per day (8 tablets) without your doctor’s approval.
When should I take AMIZATE®?
It is considered best to take the AMIZATE® tablets before breakfast and supper, but timing is not critical to receive benefits.
Is AMIZATE® safe for children and pregnant or nursing mothers?
Yes. AMIZATE®’s safety was studied in response to the protein needs of malnourished children in India. Pregnant or nursing mothers should always consult with their doctors when taking any medication or nutritional supplement.
What kind of fish is used in the manufacture of AMIZATE®?
AMIZATE® is made from Norwegian salmon (salmo salar). Atlantic salmon is a popular food.
Does AMIZATE® interfere with other dietary supplements?
No. AMIZATE® is a product produced from natural source. In regards to the high concentration of different micronutrients, you should consult a doctor when taking other dietary supplements.
I am allergic to fish or seafood. Can I still take AMIZATE®?
Most people who are allergic to fish or seafood tolerate AMIZATE® very well. We have never seen an instance of a true allergy with by AMIZATE® supplementation. Nevertheless, if you have sensitivities or allergies to fish or seafood we recommend that you consult your doctor before using AMIZATE®.
How should I store AMIZATE®?
AMIZATE® is a hygroscopic material and must be protected from moisture in order to maintain its products qualities. For extend storage it is furthermore required that the product is stored in airtight packaging which also protects the product from sunlight.
What is the shelf life of AMIZATE®?
We suggest consuming before completed two years after the manufacture date if AMIZATE® is stored in an appropriate way.
What is the effective ingredient in AMIZATE®?
There is no one effective agent in AMIZATE®. The natural composition of amino acids and the availability of bioactive peptides in addition to several micronutrients make the quality of AMIZATE®. These all are probably key components in AMIZATE®.
Besides salmon, what ingredients are in AMIZATE®?
During the manufacturing process, only potassium hydroxide is added as acidity regulator.
Is AMIZATE® a meal substitute?
No. The protein of a recommended daily dose of AMIZATE® is not adequate to be considered a source of dietary protein.